LucidiSPORE™ is a supercritical CO2 extracted Red Reishi spore oil supplement from Natrium Health, the sister company of Nootropics Depot. Here we’ll examine its properties and benefits.
Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are referral links. At no additional cost to you, if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through those links, I will receive a small commission. This allows me to continue producing high-quality, ad-free content on this site and pays for the occasional cup of coffee. I have first-hand experience with every product or service I recommend, and I recommend them because I genuinely believe they are useful, not because of the commission I get if you decide to purchase through my links. Read more here.
In a hurry? Here are the highlights:
- LucidiSPORE™ is a supercritical CO2 extracted Red Reishi spore oil supplement from Natrium Health, the sister company of Nootropics Depot.
- LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi spore oil has been analytically tested and verified to contain 30% triterpenoids.
- LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi spore oil should possess the same properties that have been clinically proven of Reishi mushrooms: free radical reduction, immunomodulatory, and GABAergic1–11.
Find LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi spore oil softgels at Nootropics Depot here.
What are Mushroom Spores?
Mushroom spores are essentially seeds produced by whole fruiting body mushrooms that will grow into new mushrooms. The interest in harvesting mushroom spores for the purpose of supplementation is the spores’ high concentration of polysaccharides and triterpenoids, the bioactive compounds in mushrooms responsible for their myriad health benefits.
What is Reishi Spore Oil?
The problem with mushroom spores is that they are well shielded, so simply consuming raw spores wouldn’t really do much, since the body can’t access the compounds inside. To get around that, the oil inside the spores is extracted.
This oil contains high concentrations of the aforementioned bioactive compounds.
Sometimes harsh chemicals are used for that extraction process. Natrium Health has instead chosen to go with a solventless extracting process called supercritical CO2. This process extracts the spore oil in a clean, efficient, healthy way.
The Reishi spore oil in LucidiSPORE™ has been analytically tested and verified to contain 30% triterpenoids, which is huge compared to most mushroom supplements.
LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi Spore Oil Benefits
Red Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is referred to as “the mushroom of immortality.” It has mounds of scientific evidence for its ability to reduce free radicals and its immunomodulatory and GABAergic effects1–11. As such, supplementation of Red Reishi spore oil may:
- Improve immune function
- Improve sleep
- Reduce oxidative free radicals
LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi Spore Oil Reviews
Here are some reviews of LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi spore oil from Natrium’s website:
Where to Buy LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi Spore Oil
You can find LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi Spore Oil softgels on Nootropics Depot’s website here.
You can get LucidiSPORE™ Red Reishi Spore Oil in solution form on Nootropics Depot’s website here.
- 1.Suarez-Arroyo IJ, Rosario-Acevedo R, Aguilar-Perez A, et al. Anti-Tumor Effects of Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) in Inflammatory Breast Cancer in In Vivo and In Vitro Models. Gallyas F, ed. PLoS ONE. February 2013:e57431. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0057431
- 2.Barbieri A, Quagliariello V, Del Vecchio V, et al. Anticancer and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Ganoderma lucidum Extract Effects on Melanoma and Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Treatment. Nutrients. February 2017:210. doi:10.3390/nu9030210
- 3.Geng P, Siu K-C, Wang Z, Wu J-Y. Antifatigue Functions and Mechanisms of Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms. BioMed Research International. 2017:1-16. doi:10.1155/2017/9648496
- 4.Chen C, Li P, Li Y, Yao G, Xu J. Antitumor effects and mechanisms of Ganoderma extracts and spores oil. Oncol Lett. 2016;12(5):3571-3578. doi:10.3892/ol.2016.5059
- 5.Cui X-Y, Cui S-Y, Zhang J, et al. Extract of Ganoderma lucidum prolongs sleep time in rats. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. February 2012:796-800. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2011.12.020
- 6.Martínez-Montemayor MM, Acevedo RR, Otero-Franqui E, Cubano LuisA, Dharmawardhane SF. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) Inhibits Cancer Cell Growth and Expression of Key Molecules in Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Nutrition and Cancer. October 2011:1085-1094. doi:10.1080/01635581.2011.601845
- 7.Zhang Q-H, Hu Q-X, Xie D, et al. Ganoderma lucidum Exerts an Anticancer Effect on Human Osteosarcoma Cells via Suppressing the Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling Pathway. Integr Cancer Ther. January 2019:153473541989091. doi:10.1177/1534735419890917
- 8.Sohretoglu D, Huang S. Ganoderma lucidum Polysaccharides as An Anti-cancer Agent. ACAMC. August 2018:667-674. doi:10.2174/1871520617666171113121246
- 9.Sanodiya B, Thakur G, Baghel R, Prasad G, Bisen P. Ganoderma lucidum: A Potent Pharmacological Macrofungus. CPB. December 2009:717-742. doi:10.2174/138920109789978757
- 10.Mallard B, Leach DN, Wohlmuth H, Tiralongo J. Synergistic immuno-modulatory activity in human macrophages of a medicinal mushroom formulation consisting of Reishi, Shiitake and Maitake. Yu J, ed. PLoS ONE. November 2019:e0224740. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0224740
- 11.Zhao R, Chen Q, He Y. The effect of Ganoderma lucidum extract on immunological function and identify its anti-tumor immunostimulatory activity based on the biological network. Sci Rep. August 2018. doi:10.1038/s41598-018-30881-0
Medical Disclaimer: While I love diving into and extracting useful information from clinical research related to health, fitness, supplements, and more, I am in no way a medical expert. The content on this website is for informational purposes only; it is not professional medical advice, nor is it a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the statements on this website have been evaluated by the FDA. Products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read my lengthier medical disclaimer here.