Puracy Natural Dishwasher Detergent Packs are one of the most popular natural dishwasher detergent options out there. Here I review its features and my experience with the product.
Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are referral links. At no additional cost to you, if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through those links, I will receive a small commission. This allows me to continue producing high-quality, ad-free content on this site and pays for the occasional cup of coffee. I have first-hand experience with every product or service I recommend, and I recommend them because I genuinely believe they are useful, not because of the commission I get if you decide to purchase through my links. Read more here.
In a hurry? Here are the highlights:
- Puracy has a solid line of natural home products – hand soap, laundry detergent, dish soap, and more.
- In my opinion, Puracy’s line – especially these dishwasher packs – is superior to Seventh Generation, Method, and others.
- These dishwasher packs leave dishes sparkling clean with no residue.
- I think these dishwasher packs clean better than even “normal” brands like Cascade and Finish.
- Puracy will give you a full refund if you’re not 100% satisfied with their products.
Puracy Natural Dishwasher Detergent Packs – Product Information
Puracy is known for its solid line of natural products – hand soap, laundry detergent, dish soap, and more. The natural dishwasher detergent packs are one of Puracy’s newer product offerings. Features of the product are as follows:
- Spotless, sparkling, squeaky-clean dishes, no matter how hard your water is
- 50 dishwasher loads per 50 pack pouch
- Unmatched research and development: 3rd generation formula developed by a chemist with more than 20 years in dishwasher detergent formulation experience
- Independently tested by Puracy customers who expressed concern about the performance of our Gen 1 and 2 detergent packs
- Enzyme-powered efficacy: Advanced plant-derived enzymes quickly target and break down stubborn foods and stains without the need to pre-soak or pre-rinse (scrape, don’t rinse)
- Zero water spots, smells, or residue; mineral-based water softeners leave glasses crystal clear and dishes squeaky clean, even in hard water
- Use on all dishwasher safe items; clear results on ceramic, baby bottles, toys, pots, pans, casserole dishes, glass, plastic, silicone, crystal, porcelain, metals, and any surface safe to be cleaned in the dishwasher
- No harsh chemicals; free from phosphates, SLES, parabens, chlorine bleach, petrochemicals, animal by-products, dyes, perfumes, phthalates, caustics, and other harsh ingredients
- Developed by doctors, trusted by families everywhere
- Naturally derived, hypoallergenic, non-toxic, gluten-free, vegan, and biodegradable
- Safe for gray water and septic systems
- Never tested on animals; Certified Cruelty Free
- The original hand-drawn artwork on this pouch helps support local artists
- 99.95% Natural
Here’s the back label of the product:
Puracy Natural Dishwasher Detergent Packs – Ingredients
Sodium Citrate (Plant-Based Water Softener), Sodium Carbonate (Mineral-Based Cleanser), Sodium Percarbonate (Mineral-Based Cleanser), Alkyl Polyglucoside (Plant-Based Cleanser), Sodium Metasilicate (Mineral-Based Cleanser), Protease (Plant-Based Enzyme), Carboxymethyl Inulin (Plant-Based Softener), Amylase (Plant-Based Enzyme), Polyvinyl Alcohol (Biodegradable, Water-Soluble Film)
Puracy Natural Dishwasher Detergent Packs – My Review
In short, these things are great. I’ve been using dishwasher pods for years. I’ve always found them to be a little easier and quicker than liquid detergent. Powder should actually be preferable anyway. Liquid detergents tend to be mostly water, so you’re getting less bang for your buck, and with powder, more cleaning power can be concentrated in a smaller area.
In making the switch to natural home products, there are only a handful of choices for dishwasher packs – Puracy, Seventh Generation, Ecover, Lemi Shine, Method, etc. I’ve tried them all, and I definitely like the Puracy ones the best.
I’ll be the first to admit the first 2 iterations of this product weren’t great. They had problems with getting things clean and leaving residue in some cases. Puracy listened to the people and went back to the drawing board, hiring a chemist with 20+ years experience to help develop the 3rd generation of the product.
With most natural cleaning products, you usually go into it expecting the tradeoff of having to give up some effectiveness for the sake of using natural ingredients. This is also usually accompanied by weird smells. Surprisingly, neither of these is the case with the Puracy Natural Dishwasher Detergent Packs. I can honestly say these things somehow actually clean better than even the “normal” dishwasher pods like Cascade and Finish. These actually have a pleasant, clean, fresh scent too.
It’s also nice to know that these dishwasher packs – and all of Puracy’s products – are truly natural. Read about what that means on Puracy’s website here.
My dishes come out clean, shiny, and with no residue, even with glass and silicone. You don’t even need to do any pre-washing with these, as you would with other natural dishwasher packs.
Best of all, if for any reason you’re left unsatisfied with the product, Puracy will give you a full refund.